Today’s tutorial features a cute little half up style with a dutch braid and little messy bun. I love wearing my hair down with curls but find that I am always pulling it back, keeping it away from little baby hands. This style is a simple yet chic way to keep your hair off of the face while being quick and easy to do. I’ve shown a few tutorials in the past with similar styles like this but love how this one finishes in a little messy bun. It gives it that little extra detail than your typical half up style and the bun can really be done with your own personal twist. I hope you try it out and love the way it looks!
Half Up Dutch Braid Messy Bun Supplies:
Half Up Dutch Braid Messy Bun Instructions:
- Step 1 / Brush through the hair to remove any tangles then part the hair where you normally part it.
- Step 2 / Divide off a section of hair from the temples toward the back of the head.
- Step 3 / Separate the section into three small pieces.
- Step 4 / Cross the strand on the left side under the middle strand.
- Step 5 / Now cross the strand on the right side under the middle strand.
- Step 6 / Cross the left strand under the middle then pick up a new section of hair on the left side and cross it under the middle as well.
- Step 7 / Repeat the previous step on the right; crossing the side under the middle and bring in a new section of hair.
- Step 8 / Repeat the previous steps once more on both the left and right side.
- Step 9 / Create one more stitch of the braid, crossing the left strand under the middle then the right.
Step 10 / Lay the two outside sections against the head and pin them in place with bobby pins, sliding them into the hair horizontally.
- Step 11 / Pick up a 2″ section of hair underneath the braid to create the bun.
- Step 12 / Place two fingers underneath the section and grip the hair with two fingers.
- Step 13 / Twist the hand downwards and to the right creating a twist with the hair.
- Step 14 / Continue twisting the hair until the entire section is twisted.
- Step 15 / Lay the twist over itself so it rests against the head, underneath the braid.
- Step 16 / Slide bobby pins into the bun to secure it in place.
- Step 17 / Curl the ends of the hair with a 1″ curling iron.
- Step 18 / Mist the finished look with a medium-hold hairspray to set it.