I have been wanting to feature a hairstyle like this one for quite some time now. This is a really easy way to change up your ponytail. I wear my hair in a low ponytail so often it gets boring and drab in a snap. This style features four topsy tails that create a really cool effect while still keeping the hair tied back and out of the way. If you’re worried about the little elastics pulling on your hair, just use a seam ripper to easily cut them out; it’s one of my favorite little hair hacks!
Topsy Tail Pony Supplies:
Topsy Tail Pony Instructions:
- Step 1 / Separate off a 1″ section of hair on the left and right side near the temples, tying them together at the back with a clear elastic band.
- Step 2 / Take the ends of the hair and bring them up towards the top of the head.
- Step 3 / Bring the tail down so it loops between the head and the elastic band.
- Step 4 / Pull the tail down to create the first topsy tail.
- Step 5 / Pick up two more similar sized sections and repeat the first step, tying them together below the first topsy tail.
- Step 6 / Flip the tail up and around the band, through the gap between the head and the band.
- Step 7 / Now bring the ends back down to create a second topsy tail.
- Step 8 / Create a third topsy tail by picking up two new sections of hair underneath the previous two sections.
- Step 9 / With the hair at the nape of the neck, create a fourth topsy tail.
- Step 10 / Gently tighten each topsy tail so they slide close together and there aren’t any gaps in between each one.
- Step 11 / Curl the ends of the hair with a 1″ curling iron.
- Step 12 / Then set the style with a medium to firm-hold hairspray.