This bohemian style ponytail will look perfect for… well tomorrow! It is such a show stopper that it is literally so great for whatever your day has in store. I am personally obsessed with these types of styles lately and love how easy they are to change up just slightly to create an entirely different hairstyle. Switch out the fishtail braids for regular braids and add in a few extra topsy tails and you’ve got another great look for any day!
Try these other great bohemian ponytail styles next!
Fishtail Topsy Tail Pony Supplies
Fishtail Topsy Tail Pony Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair on the right side.
- Step 2 / Section off a portion of hair from the part down to the left ear.
- Step 3 / Create a Dutch Fishtail braid until the braid reaches the temple. Then braid the rest of the section in a regular fishtail braid and tie off the end with a clear elastic band.
- Step 4 / Repeat steps 2 and 3 creating a second fishtail braid on the right side.
- Step 5 / Bring the two fishtail braids around the back of the head so they meet in the middle.
- Step 6 / Create a small gap in the braid on the left and pull the right side braid through the gap.
- Step 7 / Lay the braids against the head and pin them in place.
- Step 8 / Separate off two 1″ sections of hair on each side of the head, underneath the fishtail braids.
- Step 9 / Twist each section upwards and tie them together at the back of the head with a clear elastic band.
- Step 10 / Pick up two more similar sized sections underneath the first and repeat the previous steps, twisting them and tying them together.
- Step 11 / Tighten the twists so they are close together and carefully pull the hair loose from the elastics to create fuller twists.
- Step 12 / Create a third twisted section underneath the first two, repeating the previous steps.
- Step 13 / Once the twists reach the nape of the neck, create three more topsy tails trailing down the ponytail; keeping them a few inches apart.
- Step 14 / Add some curls to the end of the ponytail and mist the style with a medium-hold hairspray to set it.