Dutch, Waterfall, Dutch merged braid is the newest combo braid.
I am not sure when it happened but all of a sudden combining multiple braids into one hairstyle has become the funnest thing. Right when I think I’ve done them all, I suddenly think up a new one. They are so fun to do and so fun to wear because they look tricky and difficult to do but are really easy when you break them down to each individual braid.
I know I say this all the time but I hope you try some of these out because they are just so neat. When you get done it’s so rewarding to see what is possible to create.
Here are a few of my other favorite combination braids.
- Waterfall, Dutch, French Braid into Braided Bun
- Triple French Braid Double Waterfall Ponytail
- Double Dutch Braids and Bun
- Double Waterfall Braid and Fishtail Side Braid
- Double Waterfall Braids and Fishtail Bun
- Waterfall and Fishtail French Braid
- Triple French Braid Double Waterfall
Dutch, Waterfall, Dutch Merged Braid steps:
- Create a vertical part, about 3 inches from the forehead, down from the part to the left ear.
- Pin off the very front portion.
- Now create a second part from the back of the crown down towards the nape of the neck on the left side.
- Tie this off.
- Take a section of hair, near the part, of the middle section of hair.
- Divide this into three sections and create a waterfall braid down to the nape of the neck.
- Next, let out the front pinned section of hair and create a dutch braid bringing in the first braid when you get farther down.
- Tie off this now single braid.
- Let down the back section and create a dutch braid that trails from the back of the head on the right side, around the back of the head, and towards the left ear.
- Pull in the first braid once they line up and continue braiding down into a regular side braid.
- Tie off the bottom of the braid.
- Loosen the edges by pulling on the sides.
- Carefully loosen the back dutch braid to create a bigger braid.
- Finish by pulling out some pieces in the front and setting the style with hairspray.