This weekend is Valentine’s Day and I wanted to create a cute and sweet hairstyle that would be perfect for any party or evening out. I love wearing my hair mostly down and was trying to think of a great style that would look great with curls. This heart style has been done before so I wanted to add my own little twist to it!
With two waterfall braids on each side, it adds a little extra wow factor that will definitely have heads turning. Not to mention this style would look fab with straight hair, tight curls, or even beachy waves. Whichever suits your fancy is sure to look fab! Happy Valentines! <3
Half Up Waterfall Heart Supplies:
- Paddle brush
- 1 1/4″ Curling iron
- 1 Hair sectioning clip
- 4-6 Bobby pins
- 2 Clear elastic band
- Firm-hold hairspray
Half Up Waterfall Heart Instructions:
Prep: I sprayed all of my hair with Redken Heat Protectant Spray. Then using a 1 1/4″ curling iron, curled all of my hair from the chin down to the ends. Then I brushed through the hair to remove any tangles.
- Step 1 / For this style, you can part the hair wherever you prefer. I parted mine on the left side.
- Step 2 / Next create a center part at the back of the crown so you know where the braids should meet.
- Step 3 / Pick up a small section near the part on the right side, splitting it into three pieces.
- Step 4 / Create one stitch of a regular braid, crossing the side strands over the middle.
- Step 5 / Then braid one more stitch incorporating hair into the braid.
- Step 6 / Now drop down the strand on the right, pick up a small section right behind it, and cross it over the middle bringing it into the braid.
- Step 7 / Cross the strand on the left over the middle and bring in a section of hair.
- Step 8 / Repeat steps 6 and 7 continuing the waterfall braid until it reaches the back of the head.
- Step 9 /Tie off the braid with a clear elastic band.
- Step 10 / Now create a second waterfall braid on the left side of the head, tying it with an elastic band next to the first braid.
- Step 11 / Take the tail of the braid on the right side, twist it towards the right and wrap it up towards the top of the head.
- Step 12 / Curve the twist back down again to create the top part of the heart.
- Step 13 / Slide a bobby pin into the middle of the twist to hold it in place while also concealing it underneath the hair.
- Step 14 / Continue twisting the piece, bringing it down and towards the middle of the head to form the side and bottom portion of the right side of the heart.
- Step 15 / Secure the bottom with another bobby pin.
- Step 16 / Repeat steps 11-15 with the tail on the left side, forming the other half of the heart.