How to do a Waterfall Braid is a new back to basics tutorial.
Waterfall braids are a gorgeous way to wear a braid because most of the hair is still down and it’s as though your hair becomes it’s own hair accessory.
I personally love pairing waterfall braids with other braids and have done so in many other tutorials including the ones below:
- Waterfall, Dutch, French Braid into Braided Bun
- Double Waterfall Braid and Fishtail Bun
- Double Waterfall Braid and Fishtail Side Braid
- Waterfall and Fishtail Side Braid
- Double Headband Waterfall Braid
** Throwback: The original tutorial for the Waterfall Braid.
Follow these steps for the How to do a Waterfall Braid tutorial:
- With a part on the right side, take a section of hair on the heavy side of the part.
- Divide this into three sections and cross the back strand over the middle then the front strand over the middle.
- Next, cross the back strand over the middle and bring in a section of hair to create a french braid.
- Now cross the front strand over the middle and bring in a section of hair like in step 3.
- Next, cross the back strand over the middle and bring in another section of hair.
- This time, in stead of crossing the front strand over the middle, drop it down, and pick up a section of hair directly behind that strand. Cross it over the middle in place of the dropped strand.
- Now cross the back strand over and bring in hair per usual.
- Next, repeat step 6 dropping the front strand and bringing in a replacement strand.
- Repeat steps 5 through 8 until the braid reaches the back of the head.
- Continue braiding the three strands down into a regular braid and pin it against the head.
- Lay hair over the top of the pin to hide it.
- Finish with hairspray and you are set!