Side French Braid is the newest tutorial for this hairstyle. I have an older version which you can see here but thought it was time to update it.
I recently wore this hairstyle and posted the pic on instagram so of course, I have been wanting to create a new tutorial ever since.
I hope you enjoy it and be sure and check out the dutch braid version!
Follow these steps for the Side French Braid:
- Begin with a side part on the right side.
- Take a section of hair on the heavy side of the part and divide it into three smaller pieces.
- Cross the back strand over the middle.
- Then cross the front strand over the middle.
- Cross the back strand over the middle and bring in a section of hair from behind to create the french braid portion.
- Repeat step 5 with the front strand.
- Continue braiding down the left side of the face keeping the braid close to the hairline.
- Pull in hair from the opposite side of the head once the braid reaches about ear level.
- Continue braiding the hair into a regular braid once all the hair has been pulled in.
- Stop braiding about halfway to towards the bottom and tie off the braid.
- Loosen the braid by gently pulling on the edges.
- Loosen the french braid portion as well by only pulling on the original braid portion and not the pulled in pieces.
- Pull out any pieces around the face or ears.
- Finish with hairspray.