This is such a beautiful hair style! xx
A square knot is something you might’ve learned when you were younger but never actually knew you could wear it in your hair. That’s exactly how I felt when I realized I already knew how to do this knot even though it looked so complicated at first glance. Once you see the tutorial below, you will be amazed too at how easy it is to recreate than pretty half up square knot. You could even practice with some shoe laces because remembering which side goes over first is the key to mastering this knot.
Half Up Square Knot Supplies:
- Paddle Brush
- 2-3 Bobby pins
- 1 1/4″ Curling Iron
- Medium-hold Hairspray
Half Up Square Knot Instructions:
- Step 1 / Brush through the hair to remove any tangles then part the hair on the left side.
- Step 2 / Divide off two small sections of hair from the part down to both ears.
- Step 3 / Bring the two sections around to the back of the head.
- Step 4 / Lay the right side over the left and bring the tail, that is now on the right side, up and around the two crossed pieces to form the first half of a knot.
- Step 5 / Now take the tail on the left side and cross it over the right side.
- Step 6 / Bring the tail on the right side inwards towards the head then up and out through the gap so it’s coming out forwards.
- Step 7 / Slide some bobby pins underneath the knot to hold it in place.
- Step 8 / Add some curls to the ends of the hair and set the style with hairspray.