The ladder braid is a not a new braid but it’s a new combination on Missy Sue! It’s created by combining a waterfall and french braid together, similar to this tutorial, but… by keeping the two braids spaced apart it creates a cool effect that looks really unique! I love trying out new techniques with old styles and think this is a cute braid for wearing out and about any day of the week. Once you get the hang of the waterfall part, you will have this style mastered in no time!
Don’t miss these other great half up braided styles!
Half Up Ladder Braid Supplies:
- Paddle Brush
- 2 Clear elastic bands
- 5-6 Bobby Pins
- Gold Leaf Clip
- 1 1/4″ Curling Iron
- Medium-hold Hairspray
Half Up Ladder Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / With a part on the right side, pick up a section of hair on the heavy side of the part and divide it into three sections.
- Step 2 / Cross the back strand over the middle then cross the front strand over the middle.
- Step 3 / Next, cross the back strand over the middle and bring in a section of hair incorporating it into the strand.
- Step 4 / Then, split the front strand into two equal halves crossing one half over the middle strand, dropping down the other half.
- Step 5 / Continue braiding the head towards the back of the head, splitting the bottom strand and crossing over half to continue creating the waterfall braid.
- Step 6 / Once the braid reaches the back of the head, tie it off with a clear elastic band.
- Step 7 / Create a second braid underneath the first by picking up a section of hair near the hairline and dividing it into three pieces.
- Step 8 / Braid the section into a french braid, bringing in the waterfall sections on the top half.
- Step 9 / When the braid reaches the back of the head, tie it off with another elastic band.
- Step 10 / Pin the braids against the back of the head and remove the elastic bands.
- Step 11 / Pick up a 2″ section of hair on the right side of the head, above the ear, twisting it together and wrapping it around the head to meet the braids.
- Step 12 / Secure the section over the braids with a clip.
- Step 13 / Brush through the rest of the head to smooth out any tangles.
- Step 14 / Add some curls to the ends of the head.
- Step 15 / Mist the style with a medium-hold hairspray to set it.