This style is so simple yet chic with the wrapped section at the top. Adding this little detail changes the hairstyle making it more modern. Half updos are so pretty and fun to wear because they work with either straight hair or curls. I did this style on my little sister who has shorter hair but this style works great for short, medium, and long hair too!
Wrapped Half Up Fishtail Braid Supplies:
- Paddle Brush
- 2 Clear elastic bands
- 2Bobby pins
- Medium-hold Hairspray
- optional: Pro Beauty straightener
Wrapped Half Up Fishtail Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / Brush through the hair to remove any snarls and tangles. Divide off a small section of hair from the temples to the back of the head, around the crown, and tie it off with a clear elastic band. Pinch and pull the hair above the band to add some volume to the top of the head.
- Step 2 / Separate off small section of hair from under the elastic band.
- Step 3 / Wrap this small section around the clear elastic until the entire section is completely wrapped.
- Step 4 / Pin the end of the wrapped section with a bobby pin so it stays secured.
- Step 5 / Braid the tied off section into an upside down fishtail braid. To do this separate the section into two halves, take a small piece from the right side, cross it underneath and add it to the left side. Take a small section from the outer edge of the left side, cross it underneath, and add it into the right side. Continue braiding the section down to the bottom and tie off the end with an elastic band.
- Step 6 / Starting at the bottom of the braid, gently pull the edges of the braid so they come loose from the elastic. Slowly work up towards the top of the braid until it is thicker and more full. Mist the braid with a medium-hold hairspray and smooth over the edges of the braid and around the face to control flyaways.
- Step 7 / Optional: Run a straightener over the hair underneath the braid to smooth it and straighten any waves or kinks.