It’s back to school time again and this hairstyle is perfect for looking cute and trendy. This look only takes a few minutes to do which is perfect for those early mornings. It works on both long and shorter hair and can be embellished with a pretty clip or bow to match the rest of your style.
If you love this style be sure to check out these ones too!
Half Up Fishtail French Braids Supplies:
- Paddle Brush
- Teasing Brush
- 2 Clear elastic bands
- 4-5 Bobby pins
- Finishing Comb
- Medium-hold Hairspray
Half Up Fishtail French Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / Brush through the hair to remove any tangles then part the hair in the center or slightly off-center.
- Step 2 / Pick up a small 1″ section of hair on the left side of the part and divide it into two pieces.
- Step 3 / Cross a small section from the right side over to the left side.
- Step 4 / Now cross a small section from the left over the top, incorporating it into the right side.
- Step 5 / Continue crossing small sections over to the opposite side while bringing in small sections and incorporating them into the braid as well.
- Step 6 / Repeat these steps creating a Fishtail French braid until it reaches the corner of the forehead.
- Step 7 / Now stop bringing hair into the bottom of the braid and only incorporate it into the top.
- Step 8 / Continue braiding until it reaches the back of the head, then tie it off with a clear elastic band.
- Step 9 / Repeat the same steps on the right side of the head creating a second fishtail french braid.
- Step 10 / Create a small gap in the braid on the right side at the center of the back of the head.
- Step 11 / Pull the left braid through the gap creating a criss-cross patter at the center of the back of the head.
- Step 11 / Lay the hair against the head and pin it in place with several bobby pins.
- Step 12 / Remove the elastics from the individual braids and comb through the hair to remove any tangles.
- Step 13 / Mist the style with a medium-hold hairspray to set it in place.
- Step 14 / Add some pretty pins, clips or a bow to finish the style.