Mixing things up and wearing a fishtail braid is a perfect step this Spring. The fishtail braid is a modern twist on the classic braid. Create a tight braid for an ultra-chic look or wear it loose for a more carefree feel.
Luckily, a fishtail braid is easy to do and this quick tutorial will show you the basic technique in less than 2 minutes! Then check out the video below to see how to turn it into a fab french braided fishtail!
Follow these simple steps for a flawless fishtail braid.
- Begin by taking a section of hair near the part on the heavy side
- Divide that hair into two halves.
- Take a small piece from the edge of the right side, cross it over the top, and add it to the left side.
- Now do the same for the left side, crossing it over the top and adding it to the right side.
- Now repeat step three but after crossing the strand over the top, add in a section of hair from that side of the head.
- Repeat these steps until you reach the top of the ear then begin pulling in hair from the opposite side of the head, stretching it around the back, and adding it into the braid.
- When all the hair is pulled in, finish with a regular fishtail braid.
- Gently loosen the braid by pulling out the edges.
- Tie off the end with a clear elastic band and add a pretty hair clip to finish it off.