French braids will forever be a classic. They are the next step up from a regular braid and can be worn in a number of different styles. This half up version is simple, quick, and a fab way to get the hair off of your face. Being a new mom, I am always pulling my hair back throughout the day and this style is perfect for accomplishing just that but in a much cuter way. With a more casual, bohemian vibe, this half up french braid will always be a clean look you can go back to over and over again!
Half Up French Braid Supplies:
Half Up French Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / Brush through the hair to remove tangles, then create a part where you normally do. Divide off a section of hair at the crown, about two inches back from the hairline.
- Step 2 / Divide the section into three equal pieces and create one stitch of a regular braid by crossing the side strands over the middle strand.
- Step 3 / Separate off a new small section of hair from the left side underneath the top section.
- Step 4 / Add the outside section into the strand on the left side and cross it over the middle strand.
- Step 5 / Separate off another small section, this time from the right side.
- Step 6 / Add the new section into the right strand and cross it over the middle strand.
- Step 7 / Continue creating the braid, crossing a new section from the left side over the middle.
- Step 8 / Now cross a new section from the right side over the middle section.
- Step 9 / When the braid reaches the ears, add in a section at the back of the head, bringing it into the left side of the braid.
- Step 10 / Now add in a section of hair, from the back of the head, on the right side of the braid.
- Step 11 / Create 2-4 more stitches of the braid before tying it off with a clear elastic band.
- Step 12 / Gently pull on the edges of the braid to make the style more loose and casual. Curl the ends of the hair with a 1″ curling iron and set the style with a medium hold hairspray.