Mohawks have been all the rage recently. I’ve been loving them personally and featured a few tutorials including the Mohawk Braid Top Knot, Messy Bun Mohawk, Mohawk French Braid Updo. This tutorial was inspired by a similar version from The Beauty Department and of course I immediately fell in love with it and had to try it out. As a half up version it can be paired with straight, wavy, or curly hair and worn on a number of different occasion. I plan to wear it to my next barbecue which just so happens to be later today. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Half Up Mohawk
- Begin by sectioning off a small portion of hair from the corners of the forehead and up towards the top of the head, creating a triangle, smoothing it down with a boar brush.
- Twist the hair into a small messy bun and pop a clear elastic band over the top to secure it.
- Secure the edges of the bun with 2-3 bobby pins.
- Pick up a new section of hair at the temples and bring it up to the top of the head, behind the first bun.
- Wrap this section into a second bun, securing it with an elastic and pinning down the edges with bobby pins.
- Pick up a small section of hair above the left ear.
- Wrap it across the back of the head to the second bun and pin it in place, hiding the pin underneath the bun.
- Pick a similar sized section over the right ear.
- Wrap it underneath the bun, securing it with another bobby pin.
- Check the back for balance and lightly pull the buns apart to make them look messier if you love that look. Finish with a final veil of hairspray and you’re set to go!