Mohawk French Braid Updo will show you how to recreate this edge hairstyle that I recently posted on instagram. The little arrow detail is what makes the hairstyle stand out from your typical mohawk style and luckily that portion of it is super easy to recreate. The style features a french braid along the crown with the rest of the hair pulled up into two little buns. To create the gold arrow, grab some hair pins and place them in the hair with the ends touching. Space them out and make it as big or as little as you like! Don’t forget to tag me (@MissySueBlog) so I can see your version of the style!
Mohawk French Braid Updo
- Step 1 / Begin by sectioning off the top portion of hair by creating a two parts, each at the corners of the forehead and clipping this section out of the way.
- Step 2 / Next, tie off the bottom portion so it can be used later.
- Step 3 / Now let down the top portion and gently back comb the hair in sections to create a little bit of volume.
- Step 4 / Smooth down the top layer of hair as you brush the section towards the back of the head.
- Step 5 / Next, pick up a small section of hair right at the hairline; this will be the middle piece in our french braid.
- Step 6 / Pick up two smaller pieces directly behind the bigger, middle piece for the three sections of our braid.
- Step 7 / Create a french braid by crossing the side strands over the middle then begin incorporating hair into the strands.
- Step 8 / When the braid reaches the back of the crown, braid down in a regular braid and tie off the end with a clear elastic band.
- Step 9 / Now let down the bottom section of hair that was previously pinned to create the two buns.
- Step 10 / Divide this hair into two sections by creating a part directly between the ears and the french braid.
- Step 11 / Take a clear elastic band and wrap it halfway over the hair so the hair isn’t pulled all the way through.
- Step 12 / Twist the elastic band, twisting the hair at the same time, and wrap the elastic over the hair once more to create a small bun.
- Step 13 / Now pick up the remaining hair and repeat step 12 to create a second little bun.
- Step 14 / Smooth down any flyaways with a firm hold hairspray.
- Step 15 / To create the arrow design, slide hair pins into the hair with the edges touching until it is the size and style of your liking.