This year I will be doing my sister’s hair and makeup for prom. I am so excited about it and can’t wait for this weekend. I have been so focused on prom hairstyles this year that this one will be my third tutorial! The French Lace Braid Updo, Soft Twisted Updo, and this Wrapped Low Bun will hopefully give you some ideas and inspiration while you’re getting ready for your own dance.
These styles would also work great for a wedding or graduation. I hope you try them out and let me know what you think!
- Step 1 / Begin with a part on the right side and section off the front portion of hair from the part down to the ears. Clip off the front sections.
- Step 2 / Sweep the rest of the hair into a low ponytail.
- Step 3 / Wrap the ponytail with another elastic band and slide it down near the end.
- Step 4 / Wrap the ponytail upwards and tuck the ends under so the bun lays flat against the head.
- Step 5 / Pin down the bun with as many hair pins as you need to make it feel secure.
- Step 6 / Let down the front sections of hair that were pinned at the start.
- Step 7 / Divide the hair on the right into two sections, smooth one section over the top of the bun and pin down the end.
- Step 8 / Separate the left section of hair into two pieces.
- Step 9 / Wrap one section over the bun and pin down the end.
- Step 10 / Take the other section on the right and wrap it over the bun, pinning down the end.
- Step 11 / Now take the last section on the left, wrap it over the bun, and pin it down.
- Step 12 / Spritz the style with hairspray and smooth down any flyaways.