The Fishtail Halo braid is a combination of the Fishtail Crown braid and Half Up Crown braid. This half up version is especially lovely because fishtail braids are so on trend right now. It is the same technique as the half up style above and feels fancy with a few curls thrown in.
I love this hairstyle because crown braids are some of my favorite to wear. This fishtail version takes a little more patience but I think it’s worth the extra few minutes. I hope you love it as much as I do and give it a try!
Fishtail Halo Braid
- Step 1 / Pick up a 1″ section of hair on the heavy side of the part and divide it into two halves.
- Step 2 / Take a small section from the right side, cross it underneath and add it to the left side.
- Step 3 / Cross a small section from the left underneath to the right.
- Step 4 / Pick up a section of hair, add it to a small section from the right side and cross both underneath to the left side.
- Step 5 / Repeat the previous step with hair on the left side.
- Step 6 / Continue braiding the hair along the hairline and towards the left side.
- Step 7 / Trail the braid along the center of the back of the head, pulling in hair on both sides.
- Step 8 / When the braid reaches the opposite ear, continue braiding up the hairline and finish in a regular braid.
- Step 9 / Tie off the end of the braid and lay it behind where the braid began.
- Step 10 / Pin down the end of the braid with hair pins and anywhere else it feels loose.