Hello lovely friend! I am so excited to be featuring a new braid series, 12 Braids for Spring! This will be the fifth hair series I have done for this blog and I am suuuuper excited about this new one. All the hairstyles will be different from previous styles and feature a range of levels from easy to difficult. I hope you will love each of them!
You can browse through the previous ones here!
Let’s get into the first braid in the new series, 12 Braids for Spring!
Don’t forget to pin your favorite image so your friends can be a part of the fun too!
Fishtail Crown Braid
- Step 1 / With a part on the right side, pick up a section of hair on the heavy side of the part and divide it into two sections.
- Step 2 / Separate a small piece from the back section, cross it underneath and add it into the front section.
- Step 3 / Separate off a small section from the front half, crossing it underneath and incorporating it into the back section.
- Step 4 / Repeat step 2 and pick up a section of hair, adding it into the braid as well.
- Step 5 / Now repeat step 4, picking up a section of hair and crossing both underneath to the opposite side.
- Step 6 / Continue braiding the hair, creating a dutch fishtail braid that trails over the left ear towards the back of the head.
- Step 7 / Switch hands while braiding along the back of the head before switching them back again once the braid reaches the right side of the head.
- Step 8 / When all the hair is brought into the braid, finish in a regular fishtail.
- Step 9 / Gently loosen the sides of the braid to create a fuller braid before tying off the end with a clear elastic.
- Step 10 / Lay the tail behind the beginning of the braid and pin it down with hair pins.
- Step 11 / Spritz the style with hairspray and you are set to go!