Where can i buy headband
A sleek updo that would be perfect for prom or an upcoming wedding. This braided bun is created by sweeping the hair into a high ponytail first and sliding a hair donut over the top. Next, the ponytail is braided into four separate braids and strategically pinned around the donut to hide it. Using a donut helps give the hair some height without a lot of work.
I’ve received so many requests for prom hairstyles lately. Hopefully this will give you some inspiration if you are looking for a great style to wear to your next school dance. I think it would look gorgeous to a wedding though too! Let me know what you think and where you plan to wear it. I ended up wearing it out to get my nails done while AJ spent time with baby Cohen (:
Braided Bun Updo
- Step 1 / Start by brushing the hair up into a high ponytail.
- Step 2 / Tie it off with an elastic band.
- Step 3 / Place a hair donut over the ponytail so it sits at the base and secure it with hair pins.
- Step 4 / Divide off a section of hair from the ponytail and create a braid. I alternated between a braid and fishtail braid.
- Step 5 / Loosen the sides of the braid to create a fuller braid.
- Step 6 / Wrap the braid over the front of the donut and pin down the tail.
- Step 7 / Create three more braids with the rest of the hair, wrapping each one over the donut so it is hidden under the braids.
- Step 8 / Slide a headband over the front of the hair so it rest an inch back from the hairline.
- Step 9 / Loosen the hair behind the headband to create a bit of volume.
- Step 10 / Set the style with hairspray and you are good to go!