Half Up Lace Braid Supplies:
Half Up Lace Braid Instructions:
- I started off by pinning the crown section. I divided off a small section from the crown of my head, at the center back, and I twisted it and pinned it at the back of my head.
- Then I divided off another section, on the right side of the previous section, twisted the hair together and pinned it over the middle section with a bobby pin.
- Then I repeated the previous step with a section on the left side. I laid it over the other two sections and pinned it in place with a bobby pin.
- Then I took the right side section and draped this over the pinned crown section.
- With the left side section of hair, I’m used this to create a lace style braid.
- So I picked up a small section next to the part and divided it into three sections.
- For this style braid, I crossed the side strands over the middle strand.
- For one stitch of the braid I didn’t add in any additional hair.
- Then I brought in a new piece of hair on both sides, crossing these over the middle strand to bring them into the braid.
- Then I continued the braid only adding in additional hair to the left side of the braid, from along the hairline.
- Once I brought in hair from about the ear, I braided the hair a little further down without adding in any additional pieces.
- Then I brought the braid around to the back of my head and tucked the end of the braid underneath the right section of hair.
- Then I slid a few bobby pins into the braid, wherever it felt a little loose.