Double Dutch Braid Mini Buns Supplies:
Double Dutch Braid Mini Buns Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair in a middle part though you could part it wherever you prefer.
- Step 2 / Then divide out some hair to frame the face.
- Step 3 / Now divide the hair down the back of the head so it is split into two sections a left and a right side.
- Step 4 / Clip away the hair on the right side to work with later.
- Step 5 / Now pick up a triangle shaped section on the right side of the head, near the part and hair line, and divide it into three pieces.
- Step 6 / For the dutch braid, cross the right strand under the middle strand, then cross the left strand under the middle strand.
- Step 7 / Now cross the right strand under the middle, pick up a new section and incorporate it into the braid.
- Step 8 / Then cross the left strand under the middle strand, and pick up a new section, crossing it under to the middle strand as well.
- Step 9 / Repeat those steps, alternating between the right and left side strands, crossing them under the middle strand while incorporating new sections into the braid, working down the right side of the head until all of the hair is brought in from this section.
- Step 10 / Once the braid reaches the nape of the neck, wrap an elastic band over the end of the braid.
- Step 11 / On the last wrap of the elastic, only pull the hair part way through to create a loop.
- Step 12 / Take the rest of the hair and wrap it around the elastic band, tucking the ends into the elastic band underneath the bun.
- Step 13 / Now go back over the braid and pull on the edges to make it look wider and more full.
- Step 14 / Now repeat the same steps and create a second dutch braid with the hair on the left side.
- Step 15 / Then tie the end of the braid into another little bun.
- Step 16 / Now go back over the braid, pulling on the edges to make it wider.
- Step 17 / Set the style with hairspray and smooth down any flyaways.