I’m back with another Halloween tutorial! In today’s video, I’m sharing how I created this intricate hairstyle for a woodland fairy. I found this floral crown online and knew I had to use it for a Halloween tutorial this year. Fairy’s are such cute, little creatures and I think it would be so fun to fly around a forest with little fairy wings. I found a few different pictures for inspiration and ended up combining them all together for today’s tutorial. I hope you enjoy it!
What are you planning to be for Halloween???
Fairy Halloween Hairstyle Supplies:
Fairy Halloween Hairstyle Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin with a part on the right side.
- Step 2 / Then divide the hair on the left into two sections, a top and bottom section and then clip away the bottom hair.
- Step 3 / With the top create a waterfall braid by picking up a section near the part and dividing it into three pieces. Cross the side strands over the middle and begin adding in hair to the top portion of the braid. Then drop down the bottom strand and bring a new section into the braid in its place.
- Step 4 / Continue the waterfall braid down the left side of the head until it reaches the back of the head.
- Step 5 / Then braid the section a little further down and cross a bobby pin over the bottom.
- Step 6 / Now create a french braid underneath the waterfall braid bringing the waterfall sections into the braid. Once all of the sections are brought in then braid the hair a little further down and secure the bottom with a bobby pin.
- Step 7 / Now create another french braid starting from the right side of the head and curving the braid around the back of the head.
- Step 8 / Then go back over the braid and pull on the looped pieces until the braid is really big and full.
- Step 9 / Now create another french braid underneath it, adding in hair until the braid reaches the back of the right ear.
- Step 10 / Then braid it a little further down and go back over the braid pulling on the looped sections to make it twice as big before sliding a bobby pin over the end.
- Step 11 / Now pin the braids from the right side to the back of the head with bobby pins so they stay in place.
- Step 12 / Then take the two braids from the left side and lay them over the top, pinning them in place at the back of the head.
- Step 13 / With the remaining hair create a regular three strand but to make it look more intricate wrap one of the side sections around the entire braid before crossing it over the middle.
- Step 14 / Then go back over the braid and pull on the edges to make it extra big and messy looking.
- Step 15 / Tie off the braid with an elastic band and tighten the bottom of the braid so it slides up and hides underneath the wrapped sections.
- Step 16 / Then to finish off the costume add flower crown to the front of head with bobby pins.