That was amazing! I loved your tutorial. I’m so glad that you actually had a tutorial to show everyone and not just pictures. I really loved the added details of feathers at the end. I only wish it was as easy for me to do these type of brains on myself. I mean I do know how to do a fish braid, I just don’t know how to do one that lays right against the scalp like french braids.
Since it’s finally October I’m excited to be sharing my first Halloween tutorial for the year. I am excited about this Viking warrior costume because I really wanted to focus on the hairstyles for my tutorials. I love how many braids are included in this one and especially love how different it is for me. It’s always fun for me to step out of my comfort zone and stretch myself a little bit so I really hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think in the comments below! Thanks for watching! xoxo, Missy
Viking Warrior Halloween Hairstyle Supplies:
- Rattail comb
- Hair sectioning clip
- 2-3 Bobby pins
- Hair rings
- Feather earrings – second pair
- Medium-hold hairspray
- Faux fur shawl
Viking Warrior Halloween Hairstyle Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by brushing the hair straight back from the forehead and creating two part lines at the corners of the forehead.
- Step 2 / Divide off a section of hair at the hairline and split it into two sections for the braid.
- Step 3 / Begin a fishtail braid by crossing a small sections from one side over to the opposite side while adding in new sections of hair.
- Step 4 / Continue the braid until all of the hair from this top section is brought in.
- Step 5 / When the braid reaches the crown of the head, stop adding in new hair and braid the rest of the section to the bottom in a regular fishtail braid.
- Step 6 / Back comb the bottom of the braid so it doesn’t unravel.
- Step 7 / On the left side of the head, divide the hair into two horizontal sections.
- Step 8 / Braid each section into a dutch braid, following under the top fishtail braid and backcombing the bottom of the braid so it doesn’t unravel.
- Step 9 / Create a third dutch braid on the right side of the head and pin it underneath the fishtail braid with several bobby pins.
- Step 10 / Add some feathers and metal rings to the braids to add extra detailing to the costume.