Today’s tutorial is a little bit different. I’ve been really wanting to step outside the box recently and try hairstyles that weren’t your typical everyday styles. This tutorial was inspired by a photo I saw recently on an instagram account, @entwinedbypippa. I love how complicated it looks but if you love waterfall braids then you can easily learn this look. Be sure to let me know if you do decide to recreate this look! I have no doubt you’ll get lots of compliments if you ever wear this style! xo, Missy
Waterfall Mohawk Double Low Buns Supplies:
Waterfall Mohawk Double Low Buns Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by dividing off a section of hair along the center of the head. Create a part on the right side, continuing it down the back of the head and then tie off the bottom hair.
- Step 2 / Then create a second part on the left side, tying off the hair at the bottom.
- Step 3 / Next pick up a small slice of hair from this middle section and split it into three pieces for the braid.
- Step 4 / Begin a french braid by crossing the right strand over the middle and then the left strand.
- Step 5 / Cross the right strand over the middle and bring in a new section of hair.
- Step 6 / Then cross the left strand over the middle and bring in a new section.
- Step 7 / Now begin creating a waterfall braid so drop down the right strand and pick up a new section of hair behind it, crossing it over the middle in its place.
- Step 8 / Then drop down the left strand, and bring a new section of hair over the middle in its place.
- Step 9 / Continue the waterfall braid along this top middle section of hair back to the crown. Then continue the braid down the back of the head.
- Step 10 / When the braid reaches the nape of the neck, tie it off with a clear elastic band.
- Step 11 / Let down the hair on the right side and tie it into a bun.
- Step 12 / To create the bun, first combine the hair together at the nape of the neck. Wrap an elastic band part way over the hair to create a little loop.
- Step 13 / Then twist the hair band once and wrap the ends of the hair around the right side and over the top of the loop. Then wrap the elastic band over the hair to create a second little loop.
- Step 14 / With the ends left sticking out, loop them back towards the elastic band and tuck them in.
- Step 15 / Pull on the edges to make the bun a little bigger.
- Step 16 / Now take the hair on the left side and repeat the same steps creating a second bun at the nape of my neck.
- Step 17 / Set the style with hairspray.