Taking a basic braid to the next level can be as easy as two extra steps. In today’s tutorial I’m showing you a quick and easy way to fancy up your everyday fishtail braid, making it perfect for everyday. I love wearing this style when I don’t want to use any heat on my hair because it’s cute and fun but can be easily dressed up for an evening out. xo, Missy
Fancy Dutch Fishtail Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / Divide off a section of hair at the crown and bring it towards the back of the head.
- Step 2 / Lay the left side over the right and secure it against the head with a few bobby pins.
- Step 3 / Pick up a section of hair on the left and right side of the head.
- Step 4 / Criss cross the two sections over each other at the back of the head.
- Step 5 / Begin a dutch fishtail braid by crossing a small section from the right side under to the left. Then cross a small section from the left under to the right. Now pick up a new section of hair from the left side of the head.
- Step 6 / Cross it under the braid and add it into the right side.
- Step 7 / Cross a small section from the right side under to the left. Pick up a new section of hair and cross it under as well.
- Step 8 / Continue crossing small sections of hair under to the opposite side while bringing in new sections until the braid reaches the nape of the neck.
- Step 9 / Now braid the rest of the section to the bottom in a regular fishtail braid crossing small sections under to the opposite side.
- Step 10 / Tie off the braid with an elastic band and then go back and gently loosen the sides to make it a little fuller.