I recently saw a picture of Lauren Conrad and was inspired to recreate her bohemian style braids. This is a great technique because the braids aren’t as difficult to recreate as they might seem and you can style them two different ways, as a half up style or in a cute messy bun. There’s nothing better than two hairstyles in one and a fun new look to try for any day of the week!
If you’re not already subscribed to my YouTube channel you can find it here and don’t forget to follow me on Instagram too!
Looped Boho Braids 2 Ways Supplies:
- Prep: 1″ curling iron
- Redken Spray wax (for flyaways)
- Rattail comb
- 6-10 Bobby pins
- Hair band or clear elastic
Looped Boho Braids Half Up Instructions:
- Step 1 / For this style I parted my hair in the center and divided out small pieces to frame my face.
- Step 2 / Pick up a small section on the left side of the part, divide it into three equal sections and begin a regular braid crossing the right strand over the middle and then the left over the middle.
- Step 3 / Now cross the right over the middle and pick up a new section of hair, along the part line, and cross it into the braid.
- Step 4 / Cross the left over the middle and then the right and bring in a new section of hair.
- Step 5 / Twice more cross the left over the middle and then the right and bring in another section of hair so there are four total pieces brought into the braid.
- Step 6 / Now do one stitch of a regular braid crossing the left over the middle and then the right.
- Step 7 / Then cross the left over the middle and pick up a new section on the left side, underneath the braid and bring it into the braid. This will be the first loop.
- Step 8 / Now cross the right over the middle and then the left and bring in a new section to the left of the first looped piece.
- Step 9 / Cross the right, then the left, and bring in one more section to the left of the previous two.
- Step 10 / Now braid the rest of the section to the bottom in a regular braid.
- Step 11 / Grab a comb and gently back comb the end of the braid so it doesn’t unravel.
- Step 12 / Gently pull on the looped pieces to make them a little bigger so they show up better.
- Step 13 / Now create an identical braid on the other side of the head bringing in four section along the part line and then three looped pieces from underneath the braid.
- Step 14 / When both are done bring them around to the back of the head, create a gap and pulled the left braid through the right braid before pinning them against the head with several bobby pins.
- Step 15 / Gently unravel the ends of the braids and fan them out to make them a little bit fuller.
Looped Boho Braids Updo Instructions:
- Step 1 / Combine the remaining hair left down and tie it into a low ponytail with a hair band or clear elastic band.
- Step 2 / On the last loop only pull the hair halfway through to create a bun.
- Step 3 / Then take small sections from the top of the bun and bring them up towards the head.
- Step 4 / Slide bobby pins into the sections to hold them in place.
- Step 5 / Now take the ends left out and tuck them up into the hair band underneath the pinned sections.