I recently saw a picture of Lauren Conrad and was inspired to recreate her bohemian style braids. This is a great technique because the braids aren’t as difficult to recreate as they might seem and you can style them two different ways, as a half up style or in a cute messy bun. There’s nothing better than two hairstyles in one and a fun new look to try for any day of the week!
Looped Boho Braids 2 Ways Supplies:
- Prep: 1″ curling iron
- Redken Spray wax (for flyaways)
- Rattail comb
- 6-10 Bobby pins
- Hair band or clear elastic
Looped Boho Braids Half Up Instructions:
- Step 1 / For this style I parted my hair in the center and divided out small pieces to frame my face.
- Step 2 / Pick up a small section on the left side of the part, divide it into three equal sections and begin a regular braid crossing the right strand over the middle and then the left over the middle.
- Step 3 / Now cross the right over the middle and pick up a new section of hair, along the part line, and cross it into the braid.
- Step 4 / Cross the left over the middle and then the right and bring in a new section of hair.
- Step 5 / Twice more cross the left over the middle and then the right and bring in another section of hair so there are four total pieces brought into the braid.
- Step 6 / Now do one stitch of a regular braid crossing the left over the middle and then the right.
- Step 7 / Then cross the left over the middle and pick up a new section on the left side, underneath the braid and bring it into the braid. This will be the first loop.
- Step 8 / Now cross the right over the middle and then the left and bring in a new section to the left of the first looped piece.
- Step 9 / Cross the right, then the left, and bring in one more section to the left of the previous two.
- Step 10 / Now braid the rest of the section to the bottom in a regular braid.
- Step 11 / Grab a comb and gently back comb the end of the braid so it doesn’t unravel.
- Step 12 / Gently pull on the looped pieces to make them a little bigger so they show up better.
- Step 13 / Now create an identical braid on the other side of the head bringing in four section along the part line and then three looped pieces from underneath the braid.
- Step 14 / When both are done bring them around to the back of the head, create a gap and pulled the left braid through the right braid before pinning them against the head with several bobby pins.
- Step 15 / Gently unravel the ends of the braids and fan them out to make them a little bit fuller.
Looped Boho Braids Updo Instructions:
- Step 1 / Combine the remaining hair left down and tie it into a low ponytail with a hair band or clear elastic band.
- Step 2 / On the last loop only pull the hair halfway through to create a bun.
- Step 3 / Then take small sections from the top of the bun and bring them up towards the head.
- Step 4 / Slide bobby pins into the sections to hold them in place.
- Step 5 / Now take the ends left out and tuck them up into the hair band underneath the pinned sections.