OH my gosh! This style looks gorgeous. I tried it but I couldn’t master it . Maybe you should take the steps a little slower
This tutorial is long over, loooooong overdue. I featured this style as a step-by-step tutorial in my very first hair series “20 Braids for Spring” and mistakenly made a promise to create a video tutorial for it. Obviously I never did and long story short, I finally filmed one and have it for you today, yaay!
This style feels on the fancier side but I really think you could dress it down for everyday. Who really makes the rules for when a hairstyle works, anyways? Wear it to date night, pin it and save it for next years school dance, a work party, summer barbecue…get crazy but either way I hope you love it. xoxo
Sideswept Waterfall Braid Supplies:
- 1″ curling iron
- Rat-tail comb
- 2-3 bobby pins
- Medium-hold hairspray
Sideswept Waterfall Braid Instructions:
To prep the hair for this style, I curled it away from the face with a 1″ curling iron. I also clipped in three wefts of extensions, two double-clips and one triple-clip.
- Step 1 / Brush through the hair to remove any tangles and part the hair on the right side.
- Step 2 / Pick up a triangle shaped section near the forehead on the left side and split it into three equal sections.
- Step 3 / Cross the right (top) strand over the middle, then the left (bottom) strand over the middle.
- Step 4 / Cross the top strand over the middle and bring in a new section of hair incorporating it into the braid.
- Step 5 / Drop down the bottom strand and pick up a new section right behind it, crossing it over the middle and bringing it into the braid.
- Step 6 / Continue the braid crossing the top strand over the middle and bringing in a new section.
- Step 7 / Drop the bottom strand, pick up a new section right behind it and cross it over in its place.
- Step 8 / Repeat these steps creating a waterfall braid keeping it towards the left side of the head and braiding down to the nape of the neck.
- Step 9 / Once all the hair is brought into the braid and it stops at the neckline, tuck the braid underneath and secure it in place with two crossed bobby pins ensuring they’re hidden underneath the braid.
- Step 10 / Spray the style with a medium-hold hairspray and smooth down any loose hair.