I love this! The bottom style will be perfect for a wedding I’m going to this weekend!
Buildable styles are all the rage lately so I am excited to be sharing today’s tutorial. This style features two twists as a base but can be transitioned from a half upstyle to a ponytail to a low bun. What’s better than that? They’re all super easy to recreate so let’s get onto the tutorials!
To prep the hair I curled all of it away from the face with a 1 1/2″ curling iron. Then I sprayed the roots with Moroccan Oil texture spray and blended it in with my fingertips.
Half Up Twists Instructions:
- Step 1 / With a part on the right side divide off a small section of hair and twist it all together.
- Step 2 / Wrap the twist around the back of the head and gently pull on the bottom edge of the twist to make it fuller.
- Step 3 / Pin the twist against the head with 2 bobby pins, sliding them in horizontally along the twist.
- Step 4 / Pick up a new section of hair on the right side twisting it together like in step 1.
- Step 5 / Wrap the twist underneath the first one, pulling on the bottom edge to make it fuller.
- Step 6 / Pin the twist on the left side, hiding the pins underneath the twist above.
Twisted Ponytail Instructions:
- Step 1 / Follow the steps above to create the top twisted section.
- Step 2 / Gather the remaining hair and twist it all together towards the right.
- Step 3 / Lay the twist against the head and secure the right side with bobby pins, sliding them in horizontally and hiding them underneath the fold.
- Step 4 / Set the style with hairspray and smooth down flyaways.
Twists and Low Bun Instructions:
- Step 1 / Follow the previous steps to create the top twisted sections.
- Step 2 / Gathering the remaining hair and tie it off with a hair band. On the last loop, pull the ponytail part way through to create a bun with the ends sticking out.
- Step 3 / Gather the ends together to wrap over the top of the bun.
- Step 4 / Lay the ends over the hair band, wrapping the ends around the right side.
- Step 5 / Tuck the ends into the hair band underneath and pin down any loose edges with bobby pins.
Two Twists 3 Ways