LOVE IT SO MUCH
This lace headband braid is the perfect accent to your favorite curls. If you love wearing your hair down but end up pinning the top out of the way then this hairstyle is a perfect way to change things up. Of course, this style can be worn with straight hair too or even pulled back into a ponytail. This lace braid can be a little tricky to start but once you get the hang of angling the braid upwards it will quickly become a favorite.
Lace Headband Braid Supplies:
- Paddle Brush
- 2-3 Bobby pins
- Curling wand
- Teasing Brush
- Medium to Firm Hold Hairspray
Lace Headband Braid
- Step 1 / Start by brushing the hair straight back from the hairline. Pick up a small section of hair near the right ear and divide it into three sections for the braid.
- Step 2 / Begin a lace braid by crossing the side strands over the middle then begin incorporating small sections of hair into the braid from along the hairline.
- Step 3 / Continue braiding the hair towards the top of the head, keeping it close to the hairline.
- Step 4 / Braid the hair towards the left side, only bringing in hair on one side of the braid.
- Step 5 / Continue the braid down the left side of the head, towards the ear.
- Step 6 / Once the braid reaches the ear, braid the section in a regular braid.
- Step 7 / Lay the braid against the head, underneath the hair above it, and pin it in place.
- Step 8 / Curl the ends of the hair with a curling wand or iron.
- Step 9 / Grab a teasing comb and back comb small sections of hair at the hairline.
- Step 10 / Gently smooth down the top layer of hair to hide the teased portion.
- Step 11 / Spray hair with a medium to firm hold hairspray to set the style and add extra volume.
- Step 12 / Brush through the ends and add a smoothing cream to finish the style.