I just discovered your blog and all of the tutorials are truly inspiring and helpful! Thanks so much for sharing these tips, and congrats to you and your husband on your family’s first bundle of joy!
The inevitable side braid; that rushing to get out the door, raking a brush through our tangled tresses, not sure what we’re going to do with the mop on our heads, hair solution. We all have those days and a side braid is one of the easiest and most convenient ways to style that mess. I absolutely love them and pretty much wear them constantly but this knotted side braid is a great way to change up that regular braid so you actually look put-together and done up. It’s a whole lot easier than it looks too so scroll down to the tutorial below and let’s get twisting!
- Step 1 / Begin by brushing through the hair to remove any tangles, then sweep all the hair over one shoulder.
- Step 2 / With a side part, pick up your favorite headband and place it an 1″ to 1 1/2″ back from the hairline over the top of the hair.
- Step 3 / Now divide all the hair into two equal sections.
- Step 4 / Take one section and divide it into two more sections.
- Step 5 / Create a rope braid by twisting the bottom strand over the top the other strand so the twist is going towards the back of the head. As you twist the strand over one another, twist each strand forwards in the opposite direction. This is what helps the twists stay in place.
- Step 6 / Once the braid reaches the bottom, tie off the end with a clear elastic band.
- Step 7 / Now, place that braid behind your shoulder and pick up the other section of hair.
- Step 8 / Divide this section into two halves again and create a second rope braid, tying off the end with another band.
- Step 9 / Once you have two rope braids, twist them together in the opposite direction you previously wrapped them; so this time they will wrap over one another towards the face.
- Step 10 / Now tie them together with one elastic band and remove the previous two bands.
- Step 11 / Optional: to create a big messy braid, gently pull on the sides to create a bigger/fuller braid.
- Step 12 / Finish by setting the style with a firm hold hairspray.