Love this one!! I’m constantly practicing on my little girl!
An inverted fishtail braid is not as tricky as it might seem. It is actually the upside down version of a regular fishtail braid. The dutch braid to the french braid if you will. This tutorial will show you how to create a chic new way to wear your favorite fishtail braid. Upside down and in the french or rather dutch braided style. It’s uber stylish and super trendy right now so I do hope you give it a try!
Don’t forget to tag @missysueblog and #missysuehair on instagram so I can see your recreation of the look!
Inverted Fishtail Braid Updo:
- Step 1 / Start by sectioning off a portion of hair from a right side part down to the left ear.
- Step 2 / Clip the front part out of the way to use later.
- Step 3 / Create a second part on the other side of the head, clipping it off as well.
- Step 4 / Separate out another portion of hair from the top of the ears to the back of the head and tie it off with a clear elastic band.
- Step 5 / Tie the rest of the hair into a second ponytail directly underneath the first.
- Step 6 / Clip the top ponytail out of the way to work with the bottom one.
- Step 7 / Twist the bottom ponytail then take a small piece of hair and push the rest of the hair upwards to create a larger twist.
- Step 8 / Wrap the hair around the hair band to form a bun and pin it in place.
- Step 9 / Let down the top ponytail and divide it into two halves, a top and bottom.
- Step 10 / Clip the top half out of the way again.
- Step 11 / Twist the bottom half repeating step 7.
- Step 12 / Then wrap the hair around the top of the hair band and down the right side of the head, so it goes around the first bun that was created.
- Step 13 / Pin the hair in place so its flat against the head.
- Step 14 / Take the top half of the top ponytail that was previously pinned and repeat steps 11 through 13 so the hair is wrapped and pinned as well.
- Step 15 / Now, let down the front section of hair on the left side.
- Step 16 / Create an inverted fishtail headband braid and lay it over the top of the bun, pinning it in place.
- Step 17 / Then let down the hair on the right side that was pinned and twist the hair upwards.
- Step 18 / Lay the twist over the top of the bun and pin it in place as well.
- Step 19 / Finish by smoothing down any flyaways with hairspray and even add your favorite clip if you want.