This easy style takes no more than 5 minutes. It’s so simple to create, a couple of twists, a few elastic bands, and you’re set! I love wearing my hair down with curls but sometimes it’s fun to add a little something extra! I’ve seen similar styles floating around everywhere and couldn’t resist sharing my own version. If you decide to recreate this style please share it with me using the hashtag, #missysuehair on instagram and twitter! xo, Missy
Twists and Topsy Tail Flips Supplies:
Twists and Topsy Tail Flips Instructions:
- Step 1 / Divide off a section of hair on the left and right side, above the ears. Twist the two sections and tie them together at the back of the head.
- Step 2 / Flip the tail up and around the elastic to tighten the twists. Then gently pull on the edges of each twist to make them fuller.
- Step 3 / Pick up the tail and add a little extra hair to it. Then tie it off with a second elastic band.
- Step 4 / Create a gap above the elastic band.
- Step 5 / Flip the tail up and through the gap, twisting the sides, creating the first topsy tail.
- Step 6 / Gently pull on the edges to make the twists a little bigger.
- Step 7 / Tie the section with a second elastic band. Create another gap, flipping the tail through it to make a second topsy tail.
- Step 8 / Pull on the edges of the twists to make them bigger so it shows up a little bit better.
- Step 9 / Now tie a third section with an elastic band and create a third topsy tail.
- Step 10 / Then make the twists bigger by carefully pulling on the edges and set the style with hairspray.