Infinity Braid Updo Supplies:
Infinity Braid Updo Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by brushing the hair straight back from the face.
- Step 2 / Divide out a section of hair at the crown and then split this into two sections.
- Step 3 / Now divide off another smaller section right in between the two pieces. This is going to be the wrapping piece.
- Step 4 / Take this wrapping piece and wrap it over the right section, in a clock-wise pattern.
- Step 5 / Then wrap it over the left section, in a counter-clockwise pattern, creating a figure eight or infinity shape around the two sections.
- Step 6 / Repeat those steps again but begin adding hair into the braid.
- Step 7 / Wrap the middle piece around the right section. Then pick up a new section of hair and join it with the wrapping piece.
- Step 8 / Wrap it counter-clock-wise around the left section, pick up a new section of hair and join it with the wrapping piece.
- Step 9 / Repeat steps 7 and 8 until hair is brought in from above both of the ears.
- Step 10 / Now combine the rest of the hair together and tie it into a messy bun. You can do whichever style messy bun is your favorite but I’ll go ahead and explain mine.
- Step 11 / Wrap the hair tie once over the hair and then before the second wrap, spread the ponytail around the hair tie.
- Step 12 / Wrap the hair tie over the hair so it forms a little mini donut shape.
- Step 13 / Pull on the edges of the donut to make the bun larger.
- Step 14 / Take the hair left sticking and tuck it back into the elastic to form two more looped sections of the bun.
- Step 15 / Optional: Goback back over the looped pieces of the infinity braid and pull on the edges so they appear bigger and more full and stand out a little bit better.
- Step 16 / Set the style with hairspray and smooth down any flyaways.
Check out these other posts!