Now that summer is behind us and school has started I thought it’d be fun to share a hairstyle that would be perfect for playing sports or working out at the gym. This is a spin on a traditional braided hairstyle so I hope you love it as much as I do! xo, Missy
Four Dutch Braid Pigtails Supplies:
Four Dutch Braid Pigtails Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair slightly off center. *You can part the hair wherever you prefer but a middle part will help the sides be more equal in thickness.
- Step 2 / Then create a zig zag part down the back of the head and tie off the hair on the right side.
- Step 3 / On the left side, divide out a small (1/2″) section of hair for the first braid, from the top part line down to the nape of the neck.
- Step 4 / Braid this section of hair in a dutch braid by dividing a small piece into three smaller sections and cross the side strands under the middle strand while adding new sections into the braid.
- Step 5 / Continue the braid down the left side of the head, above the left ear and then towards the nape of the neck.
- Step 6 / Once all of the hair from the section is braided in, continue the braid for a few more stitches and then cross a bobby pin over the bottom so it doesn’t unravel.
- Step 7 / Now let down the hair at the top of the head and divide out a new section of hair, above the first one, for a second dutch braid.
- Step 8 / Repeat the exact same steps as before and create a second dutch braid right above the previous braid.
- If you want the braids to be similar in size then divide out a similar sized section as before and clip away the top hair so it doesn’t accidentally get braided into the hair.
- When adding hair into the braid, make sure they’re small sections to make the detailing of the braid easier to see.
- Step 9 / Now repeat those same steps with the hair on the right side creating two more dutch braids right behind the hairline.
- Step 10 / When all four braids are finished, take the two braids on the right side and combine them with the remaining hair on that side.
- Step 11 / Use a clear elastic band to tie it all together at the nape of the neck.
- Step 12 / Remove the bobby pins from the ends of the braids and brush through the hair.
- Step 13 / Repeat the same steps with the hair on the left side to create the second a ponytail.
- Step 14 / Finish off the style by wrapping both of the elastics with a small section of hair from each ponytail, securing it underneath with a bobby pin.