Who’s ready to take their messy bun up a notch?
I love wearing my hair up during the hot, summer months and this is a great way to keep all those little baby hairs out of the way too. If you’ve tried this style with one braid then you’ll love the look of three. Get ready for the compliments! Thanks so much for reading! xo, Missy
Three Dutch Braids High Bun Supplies:
- Rattail comb
- Hair band
- Hair sectioning clip
- Bobby pins
- Medium-hold hairspray
Three Dutch Braids High Bun Instructions:
- Step 1 / Divide out a section of hair from the ears up to the crown of the head and tie the forward hair out of the way.
- Step 2 / Divide out a 1″ section of hair down the back of the head and clip away the side hair.
- Step 3 / fPick up a small section near the nape of the neck and divide it into three sections for the braid.
- Step 4 / Create a dutch braid, adding in hair until the braid reaches the top of the head.
- Step 5 / Then braid the section a little further down and slide a bobby pin over the ends.
- Step 6 / Let down the hair on the left side and repeat the same steps creating a second dutch braid.
- Step 7 / Then repeat the same steps a third time creating another dutch braid with the hair on the right side of the head.
- Step 8 / Combine all of tje hair together at the top of the head.
- Step 9 / Remove the bobby pins from the ends of the braids.
- Step 10 / Wrap a hair band over the hair, then spread the ponytail around the hair band and wrap it twice more over the hair to form the base of the bun.
- Step 11 / Tuck the hair left sticking out back into the hair band at the front of the bun
- Step 12 / Pin down any sections of the bun that are sticking out and set it all with hairspray.