Today’s tutorial features a peek-a-boo ladder braid. I love the undercut effect and how it gives this style an edgy vibe. The ladder braid is a waterfall braid and dutch braid but by keeping the two braids spaced apart it creates a cool effect that looks really unique! I think this is a cute braid for wearing out and about any day of the week. Once you get the hang of the waterfall part, you will have this style mastered in no time!
Sideswept Ladder Braid Supplies:
Sideswept Ladder Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair in a deep side part on the left side.
- Step 2 / Continue the part line down towards the nape of the neck and clip away the hair on the right side.
- Step 3 / Divide the left section into two halves a top and a bottom and clip away the bottom hair.
- Step 4 / Pick up a section near the hairline and divide it into three smaller sections.
- Step 5 / Begin a french braid by crossing the right strand over the middle, then cross the left strand over the middle.
- Step 6 / Cross the right strand over the middle, pick up a new section of hair and cross it over and into the middle strand.
- Step 7 / Now drop down the left strand, pick up a new section of hair and cross it over the middle, in place of the dropped strand.
- Step 8 / Then cross the right strand over the middle, pick up a new section of hair and cross it over and into the middle strand.
- Step 9 / Then drop down the left strand and pick up a new section, and cross it over and into the middle strand in its place.
- Step 10 / Repeat those steps continuing the waterfall braid until it reaches the back of the head.
- Step 11 / Then braid the rest of the section a little further down and slide a bobby pin over the bottom.
- Step 12 / Now clip the braid out of the way and let down the bottom half of hair.
- Step 13 /Pick up a new section of hair near the hair line and divide it into three smaller pieces.
- Step 14 / Begin a dutch braid by crossing the right strand under the middle, then cross the left strand under the middle.
- Step 15 / Cross the right strand under the middle, pick up the first waterfall piece and cross it under and into the middle strand.
- Step 16 / Repeat those steps until all of the waterfall sections are brought into the braid.
- Step 17 / Add in the braid from the first section last and then braid the rest of the section a little further down and tie off the bottom with a clear elastic band.
- Step 18 / Unclip the rest of the hair.
- Step 19 / Backcomb a few sections near the partline.
- Step 20 / Set everything in place with hairspray.