If you’ve been looking for the perfect summer pony, this is it! Hair scarves are all the rage this season and this style looks even more trendy with one wrapped around the ponytail. I am beyond obsessed with the puffiness of this braid and the best part is that it only takes a few minutes to do! If you’re having a hard time keeping the style in all day, try sliding a few bobby pins along the braid to help hold it in place. Let me know what you think. Thanks so much for reading! xo Missy
Twist Braid Ponytail Supplies:
- Rattail comb
- Bobby pins
- Hair band
- Medium-hold hairspray
Twist Braid Ponytail Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair on the right side.
- Step 2 / Pick up a section of hair on the heavy side of the part and divide it into two sections.
- Step 3 / Cross the left strand over the right strand.
- Step 4 / Add a new section of hair into both sides, twist both sections towards the face and cross the left strand over the right strand.
- Step 5 / Now add a new section of hair to both strands, twist them towards the face and cross the left strand over the right one.
- Step 6 / Repeat those steps until hair is brought in above the left ear.
- Step 7 / Now continue twisting the sections together until it reaches the end of the hair.
- Step 8 / Cross a bobby pin over the bottom so it doesn’t unravel.
- Step 9 / Bring all of the hair together into a ponytail and tie it off with a hair band.
- Step 10 / Now go back over the braid and pull on the edges to make it bigger so it’ll show up better.
- Step 11 / Then remove the bobby pin from the end of the braid and unravel it.
- Step 12 / Take a section of hair form the ponytail, wrap it around the hair band and pin it underneath with a bobby pin.
- Step 13 / As an extra step, tie a hair scarf over the ponytail.