Two is always better than one, right?! One of my favorite things to do is recreate old tutorials with double braids. I’ve done it with several hairstyles already and have been so excited to share this one with you. I tried it out a few months ago and posted the picture on instagram. Of course, many of you asked for a tutorial so I hope you enjoy it and give it a try! Thanks so much for watching! xo, Missy
Double Lace Braid High Bun Supplies:
- Rattail comb
- Hair sectioning clip
- Elastic bands
- Hair band
- Bobby pins
- Medium-hold hairspray
Double Lace Braid High Bun Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair in a deep side part on the right side.
- Step 2 / Divide out a 1.5″ section of hair on the heavy side of the part near the hairline and clip down the back hair.
- Step 3 / Pick up a section of hair near the part and divide it into three pieces for the braid.
- Step 4 / Start b crossing the right strand over the middle, then the left strand over the middle.
- Step 5 / Cross the right strand over the middle, pick up a new section and cross it over and into the middle strand.
- Step 6 / Then cross the left strand over the middle and bring a new section into the braid.
- Step 7 / Now cross the right strand over the middle but don’t add in a new section on this side.
- Step 8 / Then cross the left strand over the middle, pick up a new section and cross it over and into the middle strand.
- Step 9 / Repeat those steps continuing the lace braid, only adding in hair on the left side of the braid until it reaches the left temple.
- Step 10 / Now braid the rest of the section to the bottom and tie off the end with a clear elastic band.
- Step 11 / Let down the hair that was clipped back and divide out a second section for the second braid.
- Step 12 / Repeat the same steps creating a second lace braid, bringing in hair to the left side of the braid and then tying off the bottom with another elastic band.
- Step 13 / Once both braids are done, bring the rest of the hair up into a high ponytail, adding the braids in last and tie it all together with a hair band.
- Step 14 / Remove the elastic bands from the ends of the braids and brush through them.
- Step 15 / Take small sections of the ponytail and create loops, pinning them in place with bobby pins around the hair band.
- Step 16 / Continue creating loops, pinning down the ends wherever there are gaps in the bun and place a few on top of the bun to create dimension. Tip: As you’re pinning the sections, make sure to check in the mirror so the bun stays symmetrical.
- Step 17 / Go back over the sections of the bun and smooth down any flyaways with hairspray.