If you loved the Double Braided Ponytail, then you’re going to love todays tutorial! It’s the exact same concept but with a messy bun instead, whaaaaat?! I love this braid so much I simply couldn’t resist creating a second hairstyle with it.
It’s a fun way to dress up your everyday messy bun and once you get down the technique, it’s totally doable. Do I even need to mention it’s heatless too? Perfect for summer, wink wink!
Waterfall French Braid Low Bun Supplies:
Waterfall French Braid Low Bun Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair on the right side.
- Step 2 / Now divide out the front section of hair on the left side of the part.
- Step 3 / Then divide this front section into two smaller pieces and clip away the forward section.
- Step 4 / Now pick up a small section of hair near the part line and divide it into three pieces for the braid.
- Step 5 / Cross the right strand over the middle, then cross the left strand over the middle.
- Step 6 / Then cross the right strand over the middle and bring a new section into the braid.
- Step 7 / Drop down the left strand and pick up a new section of hair from underneath and cross it over the middle strand in its place. This is what will create the waterfall strands for the second braid.
- Step 8 / Repeat those steps, crossing the right strands over the middle while adding new sections into the braid, dropping down the left strands, adding a new section into the braid until it reaches around towards the back of the head.
- Step 9 / Then braid the rest of the section to the bottom and cross a bobby pin over the end so it doesn’t unravel.
- Step 10 / Now with the front section of hair, pick up a small section near the part and divide it into three pieces for the second braid.
- Step 11 / Start by crossing the right strand over the middle and then the left strand over the middle.
- Step 12 / Cross the right strand over the middle and add in the first waterfall strand.
- Step 13 / Then cross the left strand over the middle, pick up a new section and cross it over and into the braid.
- Step 14 / Continue creating a french braid with this front section of hair, crossing the side strands over the middle, adding in the first four waterfall sections on every other stitch of the braid and then the last four strands on every stitch of the braid.
- Step 15 / Then braid the section a little further down and slide a bobby pin over the bottom.
- Step 16 / Now combine all of the hair together into a low ponytail and wrap it once with a hair band.
- Step 17 / Remove the bobby pins from the ends of the braid then twist the hair band over the right hand and spread the ponytail around the hair band with the left hand.
- Step 18 / Then wrap the hair band twice more over the hair to create the base of the bun.
- Step 19 / Pull on the edges of the bun to make it fuller and to tighten it against the head.
- Step 20 / Then with the ends left sticking out, loop them back towards the bun and tuck them into the hair band to finish the bun.