Have you already tried and loved the pull through braid?
Today’s tutorial is a fun new way to wear it and a great hairstyle for back-to-school. If you’re new to the pull through braid, I guarantee you’ll love it because it’s not actually a braid. It’s fairly easy to learn and one of the trendiest styles around.
Pull Through Braid Low Bun Supplies:
- Paddle brush
- Clear elastic bands
- Bobby pins
- Medium-hold hairspray
Pull Through Braid Low Bun Instructions:
- Step 1 / Start by brushing all of the hair back from the forehead.
- Step 2 / Divide out a section of hair at the top of the head and tie it off with an elastic band.
- Step 3 / Clip this first ponytail out of the way
- Step 4 / Divide out a second section of hair right underneath the first and tie this off with another elastic band.
- Step 5 / Let down the first ponytail and divide it into two equal halves.
- Step 6 / Bring the second ponytail up through the middle and clip it out of the way.
- Step 7 / Divide out a new section of hair underneath the last ponytail and tie it together with the two halves from the first ponytail.
- Step 8 / Now let down the clipped section, divide it into two halves and bring the bottom ponytail up through the middle, clipping it out of the way.
- Step 9 / Then divide out a new section of hair and tie it together into a new ponytail along with the two split halves from the previous ponytail.
- Step 10 / Repeat those steps continuing the pull through braid until all of the hair is included in the braid.
- Step 11 / Now go back over the loops and gently pull on the edges to make them larger and more full.
- Step 12 / For the bun, take the elastic band from the last ponytail and pull the hair back out about halfway to form a loop.
- Step 13 / Gently pull small pieces of the loop in opposite directions to add a bit of texture to the hair.
- Step 14 / Take the top section of hair from the pull through braid, twist it together and pull on the edges to make it fuller.
- Step 15 / Wrap it underneath the bun and then lay it across the top of the bun, pinning the sides with bobby pins.
- Step 16 / Take the remaining hair, twist it together and lay it over the bun in the opposite direction, gently pulling on the twist to make it fuller and then pin it against the head like the previous section.
- Step 17 / Spray the style with a medium-hold hairspray and smooth down any flyaways.