Summer is coming up and I am excited to be sharing one of my favorite styles to wear this season. My favorite thing about this look is that it’s heatless and a fun, unique way to get the hair up and out of the way. This style has been around for the longest time and done by tons of other fabulous hair gurus but I wanted to share my own version of it. I really hope you enjoy the tutorial and try out this style soon! xo, Missy
Dutch Fishtail Summer Side Braid Supplies:
- Rattail comb
- 2-4 Bobby pins
- Clear elastic band
- Medium-hold hairspray
Dutch Fishtail Summer Side Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair on the right side
- Step 2 / Pick up a section of hair on the heavy side of the part and divide it into three sections.
- Step 3 / Start with a stitch of a regular braid by crossing the side strands once under the middle strand
- Step 4 / Combine the middle and back strand together so there are two sections for the braid.
- Step 5 / Begin a fishtail braid by crossing a small section from the right side under to the opposite side and then bring in a new section of hair crossing it to the left side as well.
- Step 6 / Now cross a small section from the left side under to the right and bring in a new section of hair.
- Step 7 / Repeat these steps continuing the dutch fishtail braid until it reaches the left temple.
- Step 8 / When the braid reaches the temple braid the rest of the section in a fishtail braid working down to the ends.
- Step 9 / Go back over the whole braid, pulling on the edges to make it really wide and full.
- Step 10 / Then criss-cross two bobby pins over the bottom.
- Step 11 / Wrap the braid around the back of the head and pin it in place with several bobby pins. You could also tie the braid to a small section of hair with a clear elastic band to ensure it stays put all day long.
- Step 12 / Bring the remaining hair over the left shoulder and braid it into a fishtail braid.
- Step 13 / Once the braid reaches near the bottom go back over the braid pulling on the edges, making it bigger and more full.
- Step 14 / Take a small section of hair and wrap it around the bottom of the braid before tying a clear elastic band over the bottom making sure to include the ends from the little wrapped piece.
- Step 15 / Spray the style with hairspray and smooth down any loose hair.