It’s almost New Year’s eve so I wanted to quickly share a fun hair tutorial that is both easy and fast! I woke up with greasy hair so I wanted a hairstyle that would work with that texture but still have a glam feel. A little dry shampoo and some quick curls and this hairstyle is prefect for ringing in the new year!
I still can’t believe the year is almost over! It seems like yesterday that we were packing up to move to Arizona and now we’ve been here for over 6 months already. Not to mention Cohen turns 2 next year, eek! I am really excited for this new year though and have a lot of really cool, fun things planned!
How are you celebrating the new year?
New Year’s Eve Side swept Hairstyle Supplies:
New Year’s Eve Side swept Hairstyle Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair on the left side.
- Step 2 / Divide off a section of hair at the crown and tie it off with an elastic band.
- Step 3 / Create a gap right above the elastic and bring the tail up through the gap and back down again to create a topsy tail.
- Step 4 / Now pick up two 1″ sections on the left and right side of the head, underneath the topsy tail, and bring them together at the back.
- Step 5 / Tie them together with a second elastic band and make sure the second elastic band is underneath the previous one slightly towards the left side. This will angle the hairstyle towards the left shoulder.
- Step 6 / Now flip the ends up and around the elastic band 2-3 times to create a second twist.
- Step 7 / Next, pick up two new sections, tying them together underneath the previous elastic, slightly towards the left side and then flip the tail up around the elastic band 2-3 times to create a third topsy tail.
- Step 8 / Pull each topsy tail tight underneath the previous elastic to minimize space in between.
- Step 9 / Then gently pull on the edges of each twist to make sure there aren’t any gaps between them.
- Step 10 / Now pick up two more sections to create the last topsy tail, flipping the tail around the elastic band, pulling it tight underneath the previous elastic and loosening the edges to make it fuller. *Always make sure to place the next elastic to the left of the previous one to create the side swept style.
- Step 11 / With any remaining hair at the nape of the next, twist it underneath the last elastic and pin it with a bobby pin.
- Step 12 / Then pull on the edges to make it softer and more full.
- Step 13 / Set the style with hairspray and smooth down any flyaways.
- Step 14 / Curl the ends of the hair with a 1″ curling iron to dress up the style even more.