I love this. How long did it take and will it hold with thick hair?
Halloween is only a few weeks away! What are you planning to be? I have been wanting to feature a Game of Thrones inspired hair tutorial for a while now but felt like there were already so many tutorials out there. To change things up I decided to mix a Sansa hairsytyle and Khaleesi hairstyle into one! I hope you love it and be sure to comment below if you’re enjoying these halloween tutorials!
Game of Thrones Halloween Hairstyle Supplies:
- Luxy Hair Extensions – Use code LUXYMISSYSUE for $5 off
- Rattail comb
- 2 Hair sectioning clips
- 5 Elastic bands
- Nume tapered curling wand
Game of Thrones Halloween Hairstyle Instructions:
Prep: I am going to add in 3 wefts of Luxy Hair extensions to add some length and thickness to the hairstyle.
- Step 1 / Begin by creating a center part and then a second part just a few inches to the left clipping down the hair on both sides so the part lines stay clean.
- Step 2 / With this section that we divide out, pick up a small section of hair near the hairline and divide it into three smaller sections.
- Step 3 / Create a french braid by crossing the side strands over the middle strand and incorporating hair into the braid.
- Step 4 / When the braid reaches the crown stop adding in hair and braid the section to the bottom in a regular braid, tying off the end with an elastic band.
- Step 5 / Now create an identical braid on the right side of this first french braid.
- Step 6 / Once both braids are done, wrap the two braids around each other creating a spiral down to the ends.
- Step 7 / Next pick up a vertical slice of hair at the hairline, on the left side of the head.
- Step 8 / Begin a dutch braid crossing the side strands under the middle. Continue the braid along the side of the head, bringing new sections into the top of the braid but I only brought in two sections to the bottom at the very start and then stopped adding in additional hair.
- Step 9 / Once the braid reaches the middle braids at the back of the head, stop bringing in hair and braid the section a little ways down before securing the end with an elastic band.
- Step 10 / Now repeat the exact same steps creating a second Dutch braid on the right side of the head, braiding towards the two middle braids and tying off the end with an elastic band.
- Step 11 / Once all four braids are done then bring them all together and tie them off with an elastic band and remove the elastic bands from the individual braids.
- Step 12 / Take one of the small braids, wrap it around the elastic band that’s holding all the braids together and secure it in place with another elastic band.
- Step 13 / Unravel the remaining braids and then tie another elastic band over the section just a few inches down from the wrapped braid.
- Step 14 / Divide off a small section of hair, wrapping it around the elastic band and tie another elastic band right underneath it making sure to include the ends from the wrapped section and this will hold it in place all day long.
- Step 15 / To finish off the style, curl small sections away from the face with a tapered curling wand.