Love This hair style
Updos are some of my favorite hairstyles when creating tutorials. I always feel so inspired by beautiful, formal styles and literally can’t wait to sit down and try it out. This style was inspired by @hairbymatilda on instagram and is definitely on the fancier side. It could be worn as a bridal or prom hairstyle or for any formal event. Of course, whose to say it has to be worn anywhere special at all? Switch out the bun for your personal favorite and wear it as an everyday hairstyle!
Braid and Low Bun Updo Supplies:
- Rattail comb
- 2 hair sectioning clips
- 6 clear elastic bands
- 15-20 bobby pins
- 1 1/2″ curling iron
- Medium-hold hairspray
Braid and Low Bun Updo Instructions:
- Step 1 / Start by parting the hair on the right side.
- Step 2 / Next divide off the forward sections of hair, from the part down to each ear, clipping them out of the way.
- Step 3 / With the back section, divide off a small section near the crown. Twist it together and pin it against the head with bobby pins.
- Step 4 / Divide the hair left down into three equal sections and tie each one into a low ponytail.
- Step 5 / Take the ponytail on the right side and split it into two smaller sections. Twist the sections together into a rope braid, gently pull on the edges to make it fuller, and tie off the end with an elastic band.
- Step 6 / Lay the twist over the top of the ponytails, so it’s wrapped counter-clockwise, and pin it against the head with bobby pins.
- Step 7 / Twist the ponytail on the left side into a second rope braid.
- Step 8 / Pull on the edges to make it fuller and tie off the end with an elastic band.
- Step 9 / Wrap this second rope braid underneath the middle ponytail and counter-clockwise inside the first rope braid that was previously pinned.
- Step 10 / Secure it against the head with more bobby pins.
- Step 11 / Take the remaining ponytail and create a third rope braid.
- Step 12 / Wrap this one clock-wise over the other two braids and pin it against the head with bobby pins.
- Step 13 / When the bun feels secure, gently pull out pieces and push in pieces until the bun looks the way you prefer.
- Step 14 / Let down the forward section of hair on the right side.
- Step 15 / Smooth the section back towards the bun and pin it underneath the top of the bun.
- Step 16 / Twist the section together, pull on the edges and wrap it over the top of the bun, pinning it with more bobby pins.
- Step 17 / Now let down the last section of hair on the left side.
- Step 18 / Divide out any pieces you want to frame your face and then split the section into three equal pieces.
- Step 19 / Braid the section to the bottom in a regular braid, starting the braid low in the section, right at the ear level.
- Step 20 / Pull on the edges of the braid to make it wider and more full.
- Step 21 / Lay the braid over the top of the bun and pin it with more bobby pins.
- Step 22 / Curl any pieces framing the face and set the style with hairspray.