Rope braids and twists are the hottest hair trend for Spring so I thought featuring three unique styles that incorporate the technique would be perfect. These twisted styles are great for everyday and a little easier than regular braids so they will save you time in the morning before school or work. Double win!
Twisted Ponytail Supplies:
- Step 1 / Part the hair on the left side and divide off two front sections of hair clipping them each out of the way.
- Step 2 / Tie the remaining hair at the back into a low ponytail.
- Step 3 / Let down the section on the sides and we will use these for the side twists.
- Step 4 / With the section on the left side, split it into two sections. Take the back most section, twist it upwards and then gently loosen the sides of the twist to make it more full. Bring it around the back of the head and pin in an inch or two above the hair band.
- Step 5 / Divide the hair on the right side into two sections and repeat the previous step twisting the back most section, loosening the edges, wrapping it around the head, and lay it underneath the first twist, pinning it above the hair band.
- Step 6 / Take the remaining section on the left, twist it upwards, pull on the edges, lay it underneath the previous twists, and pin it with a bobby pin.
- Step 7 / With the last section on the right side, twist it together, pull on the edges, lay it underneath the previous twists, and pin it against the head.
- Step 8 / Now take the ends sticking out from the twists, wrap them underneath the ponytail, crossing them underneath, bring them back up to the top of the ponytail, cross them again, and wrap them back down underneath; essentially wrapping them around the hair band.
- Step 9 / Then pin down the ends underneath the ponytail with 1 or 2 bobby pins.
Half Up Twists Supplies:
- Step 1 / Part the hair wherever you prefer; I am putting mine on the left side.
- Step 2 / Divide off a triangle shaped section on the left side of the part and twist it together upwards.
- Step 3 / Gently pull on the edges of the twist to make it more full then wrap it around the back of the head and pin it out of the way.
- Step 4 / Now divide off a similar sized section on the right side.
- Step 5 / Twist the section together and gently loosen the edges.
- Step 6 / Wrap the twist around the back of the head and lay it over the first twist.
- Step 7 / Take three bobby pins and create a triangle shape to hold the twists in place. Do this by crossing one horizontally over the the bottom of the crossed twisted, then one on the left side and one on the right.
Side Rope Braid Supplies:
- Step 1 / With a part on the right side, sweep all of the hair over the left shoulder.
- Step 2 / Pick up a triangle shaped section on the left side of the part and divide it into two smaller sections.
- Step 3 / Take the section closest to the face and twist it together towards the face.
- Step 4 / Now wrap the twist over the other section towards the back of the head.
- Step 5 / Pick up a section of hair and add it into the forward piece, the one now closest to the face.
- Step 6 / Twist this forward section towards the face before crossing it over the other section, towards the back of the head.
- Step 7 / Pick up a new section of hair, adding it into the front section and repeat the previous steps twisting it forwards and wrapping it back, over the other section.
- Step 8 / Repeat these steps twisting and wrapping the hair until it’s all brought into the braid, then continue twisting the hair to the bottom.
- Step 9 / Gently pull on the edges of the twist to make it more full and more casual.
- Step 10 / Then tie off the bottom of the braid with a clear elastic band.
Shop 3 Easy Twisted Hairstyles: