The holidays are right around the corner and that means parties, get-togethers, dinners out, you name it! This braid embellished smooth bun is chic and sleek for that perfect night out. I love… low buns and think they look especially gorgeous when wrapped with a pretty braid and topped off with a pretty pin. I really think you’re going to love this one.
Braid Embellished Smooth Bun Supplies:
- 3 Clear elastic bands
- 2 Hair sectioning clips
- Teasing comb
- Mesh donut bun
- 10-15 Bobby pins
- Firm-hold hairspray
- Gold leaf pins
- Gold and Pearl side combs
Braid Embellished Smooth Bun Instructions:
- Step 1 / Pick up a 1-2″ section of hair near the part and braid it into a three strand braid, tying off the end with a clear elastic band.
- Step 2 / Repeat the previous step creating a similar sized braid on the right side.
- Step 3 / Separate off two small sections of hair, from the ears forwards, clipping these out of the way along with the braids.
- Step 4 / Wrap the remaining hair into a low ponytail using a second elastic band.
- Step 5 / Create a small gap above the hair band and flip the ponytail up and through the gap to create an upside-down topsy tail.
- Step 6 / Gently back comb the underside of the ponytail then wrap the end around a small mesh hair donut. Roll the hair donut down towards the nape of the neck, rolling the hair with it to create a bun.
- Step 7 / Pin down the edges of the bun so it is snug against the head.
- Step 8 / Let down the hair pinned on the right side. Twist it all together and lay it over the bun, wrapping it around the left side.
- Step 9 / Pin down the edges of the twist before gently pulling on the edges to make it fuller.
- Step 10 / Twist the hair from the left side all together and lay it over the bun as in step 8.
- Step 11 / Pin down the twist before loosening the edges to make it fuller.
- Step 12 / Lay the braid from the right side over the bun, pinning it down as well.
- Step 13 / Now lay the braid from the left side over the bun, pinning it and loosening the edges as well.
- Step 14 / Spray the style with a firm-hold hairspray and add some pretty pins to finish the look.