This wedsite is super helpful love it! ?
Fishtail Braided Updo is a perfect hairstyle for a night out. I love to wear my hair in braids to work so I think with a smart blazer and clean cut pencil skirt, this could even work at the office.
The hairstyle features one fishtail french braid and one regular fishtail braid. The bottom braid is wrapped to create a braided bun with the top braid wrapped over the top.
I love dressing up fishtail braids and if you love this look then be sure and check out Fishtail French Braid Braided Bun and Tuck and Cover Fishtail Braids too!
Fishtail Braided Updo Steps:
- Step 1 / Begin with a part on the right side.
- Step 2 / Pick up a section of hair on the right side of the part and divide it into two sections.
- Step 3 / Take a small piece from the back section, cross it over the top, and add it into the front section.
- Step 4 / Cross a small piece from the front section over the top and add it into the back section.
- Step 5 / Cross over a small section from the back section and pick up a section of hair crossing it over as well.
- Step 6 / Repeat step 5 with the front section.
- Step 7 / Continue repeating steps 5 and 6 until the braid reaches the top of the left ear.
- Step 8 / Once the braid reaches the ear, continue braiding down in a regular style fishtail braid.
- Step 9 / Gently loosen the sides of the braid and tie off the end with a clear elastic band.
- Step 10 / With the rest of the hair, create a regular fishtail braid, taking sections from each side, crossing them over to the other section until all the hair is braided.
- Step 11 / Gently loosen the sides of the braid to create a fuller braid then tie off the end with a clear elastic band.
- Step 12 / Twist the back braid into a bun and pin it in place.
- Step 13 / Create little twists on the right side of the head to tighten the hair and create a bit more detail.
- Step 14 / Wrap the first fishtail braid over the top of the bun and around the bun in a clock-wise direction, pinning it in place.
- Step 15 / Go back and gently make the top fishtail braid fuller to hide the hair pins in the bun.
- Step 16 / Clip your favorite barrette at the top of the hairstyle for the finished look.