Love this and your instructions are so wonderful! You have a new follower :)
Fishtail and Dutch Braid Messy bun is a great style because it incorporates many different braids that give it an interesting appeal. The dutch braid is completed first followed by a fishtail french braid. Both gently loosened on the edges to give the look a fuller effect. The rest of the hair is swept into a low bun and pinned strategically to give it a messy appeal.
I love this style and plan on wearing it more often. I think it is fun having different looks in my beauty arsenal so I can change up my typical bun and make it a little more creative.
What do you think of this look? I hope you love it and give it a try! Don’t forget to tag me @missysueblog on instagram if you do recreate it!
Fishtail and Dutch Braid Messy Bun Step-by-step:
- Step 1 / With a part on the right side begin by separating out a section of hair from the part down to the left ear.
- Step 2 / Clip off the back hair with an alligator clip.
- Step 3 / Take a section of hair near the part and divide it into three sections.
- Step 4 / Cross the side strands under the middle to begin a dutch braid.
- Step 5 / Cross the back strand under the middle and bring in a section of hair incorporating it into the strand.
- Step 6 / Next, cross the front strand under the middle and incorporate a section of hair again.
- Step 7 / Repeat steps 5 and 6 until all the hair is brought in then continue braiding the strand in a regular braid.
- Step 8 / Tie off the end with a clear elastic band.
- Step 9 / Let down the clipped hair and create another section from the part down to the back of the left ear.
- Step 10 / Clip off the back hair again.
- Step 11 / Pick up a section of hair near the part again and divide it into two halves.
- Step 12 / Take a small section from the outside of the back strand, cross it over the top and add it into the other side.
- Step 13 / Repeat step 12 with the front strand, crossing over a small piece and incorporating it into the other side.
- Step 14 / Cross over another section from the back strand and pick up a section of hair, crossing it over as well, incorporating it into the other side to create a Fishtail French Braid.
- Step 15 / Repeat step 14 with the front portion.
- Step 16 / Repeat steps 14 and 15 completing a fishtail french braid until all the hair is brought in; then continue braiding the rest of the strand into a fishtail braid.
- Step 17 / Tie off the end with a clear elastic band.
- Step 18 / Next, carefully thicken the size of each braid by gently pulling on the edges.
- Step 19 / Sweep the rest of the hair up into a low ponytail.
- Step 20 / Wrap the two braids over the hair and wrap a hair elastic over the ponytail one time.
- Step 21 / On the second wrap, only pull the hair through half way to create a loop.
- Step 22 / Find the elastic bands on the ends of each braid and carefully pull them off.
- Step 23 / Take a section of hair from the lop and gently twist it around one finger to create a twisted loop.
- Step 24 / Pin it against the head, pushing the pin in towards the hair band.
- Step 25 / Repeat step 24 picking up sections of hair and pinning them down to create the messy bun.
- Step 26 / Spray the style with hairspray to smooth down and loose strands.