Hey Melissa! Go to twistmepretty.com and buy a cutter comb, it’s a comb with a little blade on it for cutting elastics out in a pinch. My 17 month old daughter and I wear a lot of clear elastics and that thing was worth the $5!
Half Up Fishtail Braid is a great way to add a little flair to a simple look.
I love wearing my hair down and curly but sometimes it just needs a little something extra to jazz it up a bit. Throwing in a half up fishtail braid can do just that and it gets the hair up and out of the way while running errands, running around at school, or while at the office.
Half Up Fishtail Braid
- Starting with a side part, separate off a section of hair on the left side from the part down to the ear.
- Create a similar section on the right side.
- Then take both pieces and bring them towards the back of the head.
- Tie the pieces together with a clear elastic band.
- Begin a fishtail braid by dividing the hair into two halves.
- Take a small piece from one side, cross it over the top and add it to the other.
- Now take a small piece from the opposite side, crossing it over the top and adding it into the other.
- Continue braiding until all the hair is braided.
- Tie off the end with a clear elastic.
- Loosen the braid by gently pulling on the sides.
- Carefully snip off the top elastic band.
- Slide a hair pin underneath the top of the braid if it becomes too loose.
- Finish with a little hairspray and pulling out a few face framing strands.