Two of my most requested tutorials are everyday hairstyles and half updos.
This hairstyle is a little fancier than your typical everyday style, but I think it’s so gorgeous and wearable for so many different occasions.
This look was inspired by @hairandmakeupbysteph on instagram; she always posts the most beautiful styles. I hope you enjoy the tutorial and be sure to let me know what you think in the comments section. Thank you so much for watching! xoxo, Missy
Half Up Double Wrapped Braids Supplie:
- 1″ Curling iron
- Rattail comb
- Bobby pins
- Medium-hold hairspray
Half Up Double Wrapped Braids Instructions:
To prep my hair for this style, I curled all of it away from my face with a 1″ curling iron.
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair on the right side, though you could part it wherever you normally prefer.
- Step 2 / Divide out any hair to frame the face and then a larger section on the heavy side of the part and clip this hair out of the way.
- Step 3 / Pick up a small section near the part and divide it into three smaller pieces.
- Step 4 / Create a french braid crossing the side strands over the middle strand while incorporating new sections into the braid and working down towards the left temple.
- Step 5 / Now braid the section a little further down and then go back over the braid and gently pull on the edges to make it a little fuller.
- Step 6 / Slide a bobby pin over the bottom and smooth down any flywaways with hairspray.
- Step 7 / Let down the front section of hair and create a fishtail french braid. So pick up a section near the part and divide it into two pieces.
- Step 8 / Cross small sections from one side over to the opposite side while incorporating new sections into the braid until it reaches the left temple.
- Step 9 / Now only bring in hair to the left side of the braid until the braid reaches the left ear.
- Step 10 / Then braid the section to the bottom before pulling on the edges to make it fuller.
- Step 11 / Then slide a bobby pin over the bottom so it doesn’t unravel.
- Step 12 / Now create a second french braid with the hair on the right side of the head until it reaches about an inch above the right ear.
- Step 13 / Braid the rest of the section to the ends and slide a bobby pin over the bottom.
- Step 14 / Now pick up a section of hair on the right side underneath the previous braid and braid this section in a regular fishtail braid, dividing it into two sections, taking small pieces from one side and crossing it over to the opposite side while working all the way down to the bottom.
- Step 15 / Go back over the braid, pulling on the edges to make it fuller and slide a bobby pin over the bottom.
- Step 16 / Next bring all four braids around to the back of the head.
- Step 17 / With the top two braids, create a gap in the left braid and pull the right braid through the gap before pinning the braids against the head.
- Step 18 / Then take the two lower braids, create a gap in the right braid and pull the left braid through the gap, and then pin them against the head with bobby pins.
- Step 19 / Remove the bobby pins from the ends of the braids and brush through them.
- Step 20 / Set everything in place with hairspray.